Saturday, March 1, 2014

Hotel Shaw - San Francisco, California - 1942

The Hotel Shaw was built in 1909, originally as a two story office building named the Capitol Building. In 1936, five additional floors were added and it became a first class four star property. In the 1920's to 1940's, the hotel catered to the rich and well to do. It remained the Shaw Hotel up until the late 1970's. The name changed to Miramar Hotel and then the U.N.Plaza Hotel in the 1980's. It is now the Renoir Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment